Of course, it is early, it is unofficial, it’s only one notch above gossip, but we’re curious! So what’s in it?
You can read the article, but I’ll pick up those points:
- A great interest in Apple recent success (e.g. brand management, Apple Store)
- Windows Store: You purchase software there and it follows you on your different devices (). Do they plan to leverage Live Mesh, Grid Soft and the rest?
- Face recognition for login. Will it be mainstream or will do like voice recognition in Windows 7 (IMO, a nice gadget to show off to your friends but something you don’t really use)
- Slate is an explicit form factor ()
- Fast start-up (a log-off + hibernate cheap trick)
- A Windows Reset that would be effectively re-installing Windows but keeping User Data ()
As I said, very early, but interesting.
And again… Windows 8 won’t be based on Singularity if we trust those slides!