Windows Azure Customer FeedbackSolution ·
Microsoft has setup a customer feedback site for Windows Azure a few months ago. It has a voting feature where you can vote for new features you would like to see in Windows Azure.
Here are the top 9 ideas I liked:
- Make it less expensive to run my very small service on Windows Azure
- Continue Azure offering free for Developers
- Provide the ability to send Emails right from Azure
- Provide a way to schedule worker roles so they only run when needed
- Support secondary Indexes
- Add Distributed Caching to Azure (i.e. like Velocity / memcached)
- UDP EndPoints
- Add TableStorage LINQ query support for Select, Count and Contains
- Allow simple Managed Tasks to run distributed within the Cloud and pay for CPU time used (ie NO VMs)
And here is the suggestion I made: Event Bus with events for storage manipulation (e.g. queue insert) in order to avoid poling. Of course, this is quite related to the suggestion I made in a blog entry a few weeks ago.
So you can go and vote!